Music in Religious Thought and Practice
Upcoming Seminar-paper Assignments
* Recent Seminar-Paper Topics and Theses
* Seminar-Paper Proposal: Definitions of "Disciplinary" and "Interdisciplinary"
* Feb. 15, Friday: Seminar-Paper Outline DUE
* Outline Example
* Feb. 22 and 25 (Friday and Monday): "SPLIT CLASS" Schedule...
* Syllabus - Spring 2019
* Weekly Schedule - First Through Eighth Weeks
* After-Midterm Schedule
TEST * Perception of Music
TEST * Ritual and Musical Art
TEST * Primal Cultures - 5 Categories of Efficacy
TEST * Selected Terminology
TEST * Outline of Introductory Lectures
TEST * Agincourt Hymn
TEST * Pages in Smith book...
TEST * February 6 (Wednesday): Bohlman Pt. 2 - Reading Summary 3B: Written Assignment
TEST * Additional Information on "Lord, Bless Africa"
* Meadowlands Hymnody
* Philip Bohlman faculty page
TEST * February 13 (Wednesday): Elder Harry Buffalohead - Reading Summary 4B: Written Assignment
TEST * Music and Spirituality in Native American Tradition
TEST * DUE February 20 (Wednesday): Dagbamba Reading Summary 5B - Written Assignment
* Sub-Saharan Africa: Music of Traditional Religions
Writing Design Handouts
* Research Help: Reference Librarian Contact Information
* Topic Proposal Guidelines With Example
* Formal Punctuation Guide
* Midterm Seminar Paper Guidelines
* Additional Technical Details (Will be discussed in class)
* Title Page Guidelines and Template
* Footnotes - Guidelines
* Example of a Blocked Quote
* (Sample) Excerpts from Seminar Papers
* Selected Bibliography Example
* Seminar Paper Presentations
* Sample PowerPoint
This site includes research materials developed by Shirley McKamie for her seminar students.
Syllabus and Course Outline
Students enrolled in JINS 301 should ask for a printed copy of the course syllabus, which has information
concerning office hours and online materials.