Music in Religious Thought and Practice
Upcoming Seminar-paper Assignments
* March 7 (Wednesday): Paper Due
* Additional Technical Details (Please read.)
* LATE POLICY FOR MIDTERM PAPER (original due-date: 3/7) Inside, please scroll to bottom of page.
* SEMINAR PAPER PRESENTATIONS (after Midterm Break)
* Sample PowerPoint
TEST * Ritual and Musical Art
TEST * Primal Cultures - 5 Categories of Efficacy
TEST * Selected Terminology
TEST * Outline of Introductory Lectures
TEST * Agincourt Hymn
TEST * Pages in Smith book...
* January 31 (Wednesday): Bohlman Pt. 1 - Reading Summary 2B: Written Assignment
TEST * February 7 (Wednesday): Bohlman Pt. 2 - Reading Summary 3B: Written Assignment
TEST * Additional Information on "Lord, Bless Africa"
* Meadowlands Hymnody
* Philip Bohlman faculty page
TEST * February 14 (Wednesday): Elder Harry Buffalohead - Reading Summary 4B: Written Assignment
TEST * Music and Spirituality in Native American Tradition
TEST * February 21 (Wednesday): Dagbamba Reading Summary 5B - Written Assignment
* Sub-Saharan Africa: Music of Traditional Religions
* No Writing Exercise due on Wednesday, March 7.
* Syllabus - Spring 2018
* After-midterm Schedule
* Terminology Quiz No. 2 - Review Sheets for Part One & Part Two
* Hinduism Handout
* Buddhism Handout
* Judaism Handout
* Islam Handout
* Christianity Handout
* March 21 (Wed.) - Reading Summary No. 7 - Buddhism (Please bring Beck textbook with you to class on that Wednesday.)
* DUE March 28 (Wed.) - Reading Summary No. 8 - Judaism (Please bring Beck textbook with you to class on that Wednesday.)
Writing Design Handouts
* Research Help: Reference Librarian Contact Information
* Formal Punctuation Guide
* Midterm Seminar Paper Guidelines
* Additional Technical Details (Will be discussed in class)
* Title Page Guidelines and Template
* Footnotes - Guidelines
* Example of a Blocked Quote
* (Sample) Excerpts from Seminar Papers
* Figure or Image Page Example
* Selected Bibliography Example
This site includes research materials developed by Shirley McKamie for her seminar students.
Syllabus and Course Outline
Students enrolled in JINS 301 should ask for a printed copy of the course syllabus, which has information
concerning office hours and online materials.